I always see these ‘what’s in my bag’ posts on fashion and lifestyle blogs, so I thought it would be kind of cool to do a bookworm edition. Prepare for a long post though, because my bag of choice is generally a large tote bag, and I like to carry an epic amount of crap around with me!
For ages I was switching between these two Penguin classics totes:
But last week I bought this cool ‘Bad Luck’ print one from Redbubble so I’ve just switched to that. I was actually really impressed with the quality of this bag when it arrived – I’d never ordered from Redbubble before, but this bag is amazing, and I’m still waiting on a t shirt which I’m hoping will be just as nice.
So here’s what’s in my bag:
- A Book: Obviously no self-respecting bookworm would dream of going anywhere not armed with their current read. You never know when you’ll get opportunity to read, so it’s best to always be prepared! It’s actually pretty common for me to have multiple books in my bag, because the usual places I walk to from my flat is the library and the discount bookshop, so quite often I take my bag to cart home my latest finds.
- My Kindle: Seen as I’ve been using my e-reader a lot lately to read non fiction books alongside novels, I have started carrying it with me. I may have a kindle app on my phone, but it’s just too small to read!
- My Purse: A girl’s got books to buy, after all! Plus that’s where my multiple library cards live.
- My Keys: It’s probably a good idea to take your keys with you when you go out…you know, so you can get back in your house and stuff.
- My Phone: My phone comes everywhere with me, obviously. And not just in case of emergencies or so I can text my boyfriend and send pictures of cake to my sister! It’s also my on-the-go blogging tool, camera, word processor and primary source of entertainment (after the book of course!).
- A notebook and pen: Yes, I have phone apps I can take notes on, but I sure wouldn’t look too writerly if I didn’t actually carry a nice looking notebook around, would I? Just don’t tell anyone that it’s mostly shopping lists!
- My iPod and Earphones: I always feel weird when I’m walking anywhere without my earphones in. For one thing having them in discourages people from talking to me (which is always good!), especially those annoying salespeople you always get harassing you in the middle of town (or is that just where I live?). Plus I’ve been listening to a lot of podcasts on my phone lately, so having my earphones with me is handy in case I want to listen to one of them.
So bookworms, what’s in your bag? What things do you find yourself carting around everywhere with you?